Thursday, July 8, 2010

Family Ties

I haven't blogged in days because ... well ... I've been busy with life.  S and I spent a few days with a very good friend of mine and her family at their lake home.  My friend's family was so unbelievably - INVITING.  That's the only word I can use to describe this family.  

There was my friend, her two very young daughters (the four year old fell in love with S), my friend's brother and his wife, their toddler son, my friend's father, his girlfriend, and his mother... and the lesbians.  It was quite the episode of Modern Family.  But somehow, we all fit.  We all connected.  We laughed.  We gathered.  We shared.  We disagreed. 

We were a community.

I love that this family knows its boundaries.  I felt immediately respected; and even though I wasn't necessarily a part of the family, I felt a definite part of their community.

What a gift.  I am so grateful!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see some happier things are happening in your life :)